Monday, July 23, 2012

Obliterating the Evil Voice of Lies

This has been SUCH a good summer! Not much has happened, but it seems like there is a new adventure at every corner

5 new things (among the many):
  • I has my first apartment!
  • I just got one of those big papasan chairs XD
  • I <3 Minecraft
  • I have a new job at Applebees that has been an incredible blessing
  • Book one is FINALLY almost done!
 With all of that, life has been good, working about 50 hours a week, and spending time with my friends. But that's not the best part! This summer has been full of conviction and change.
I had a girl stay in my apartment for a week who needed a place to stay before having to go home to Minnesota and she has been one of the most spiritually charged, prayerful young women I have ever met. We had so many God talks and she challenged me in my prayer life. I had another friend who challenged me on my self-confidence and I've been working towards not just having s-c as a shell. And finally, my dearest friend and I are working on improving our relationship with each other and with God. It is so difficult and I have been doubting my endurance . . . then I realized that little voice of doubt, fear, and blame had to go. I am stronger than I have been allowing myself to be, for myself and those around me who I care about. So I curb stomped that little voice. If I have issues to address in the future I wont do it out of hurt and fear, but out of love and confidence in those I love. The next couple months will be challenging. Bring it on! XD

Till Another Day!

No comments: